BruxZir Zirconia Crowns
BruxZir Zirconia crowns are a type of dental crown made from a high-strength zirconia material. Zirconia is a durable and biocompatible ceramic that has become increasingly popular in dentistry for its strength and aesthetic qualities.
About BruxZir zirconia crowns
- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning: The process begins with a comprehensive dental examination, which may include X-rays and digital impressions of the affected tooth. The dentist will diagnose the issue and discuss treatment options, including the use of BruxZir Zirconia crowns.
- Tooth Preparation: If a BruxZir Zirconia crown is deemed the appropriate treatment, the dentist will begin by preparing the tooth. This involves removing any damaged or decayed portions and shaping the tooth to create the space needed for the crown.
- Digital Impressions: Digital impressions of the prepared tooth are taken using intraoral scanners. These highly accurate digital impressions are sent to a dental laboratory for the fabrication of the BruxZir Zirconia crown.
- Laboratory Fabrication: The dental laboratory technician uses computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) technology to create a highly detailed digital model of the tooth. The BruxZir Zirconia crown is then milled or 3D printed from a solid block of zirconium oxide ceramic based on this digital model.
- Color and Shade Matching: The shade of the BruxZir Zirconia crown is customized to match the color of the surrounding teeth. The dentist or the dental laboratory technician selects the appropriate shade to ensure a natural appearance.
- Crown Fitting: Once the BruxZir Zirconia crown is fabricated, it is checked for fit, accuracy, and aesthetics. Adjustments may be made as needed to ensure a precise fit and a natural appearance.
- Cementation: Once the crown is deemed suitable, it is ready for placement. The dentist uses dental cement to bond the BruxZir Zirconia crown securely to the prepared tooth. Care is taken to ensure a proper fit and alignment.
- Bite Adjustment: The dentist checks the bite and makes any necessary adjustments to ensure that your bite is even and comfortable. Proper alignment of the crown with the opposing teeth is essential to prevent issues like uneven wear.
- Final Polishing: The dentist will perform final polishing to achieve a natural appearance and ensure that the crown’s surface is smooth and resistant to staining.
- Aftercare and Maintenance: The dentist will provide post-operative care instructions and discuss proper oral hygiene practices to maintain the longevity of the BruxZir Zirconia crown. Regular dental check-ups are also important to monitor the crown’s condition.
- Aesthetic Appearance: BruxZir Zirconia crowns are designed to be durable and natural-looking. They are often used for posterior teeth and molars, where strength and function are crucial, but aesthetics are also considered.
- Strength and Durability: These crowns are known for their exceptional strength, making them suitable for individuals who may have a history of grinding or clenching their teeth (bruxism). The name “BruxZir” itself is derived from “bruxism,” reflecting their resistance to the forces associated with teeth grinding.
- Biocompatible: Zirconia is a biocompatible material, meaning it is generally well-tolerated by the body and unlikely to cause allergic reactions or sensitivities.
- Tooth Preservation: Zirconia crowns can be more conservative in terms of tooth preparation. In many cases, less tooth structure needs to be removed compared to traditional metal crowns.
- Longevity: When properly cared for and maintained, BruxZir Zirconia crowns are known for their longevity and durability. They can last for many years, often longer than other materials.
- Natural Appearance: While they are not as translucent as some other crown materials like porcelain, BruxZir Zirconia crowns are designed to have a natural appearance and can be color-matched to the surrounding teeth
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How much it will Cost?
Q. 1 Are BruxZir Zirconia crowns more expensive than other types of crowns?
A. BruxZir Zirconia crowns may be slightly more expensive than traditional porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns due to the material’s strength and aesthetic qualities. However, the cost can vary depending on the dentist’s fees and location.
Q. Do BruxZir Zirconia crowns require special care or maintenance?
A. These crowns do not require any specific care beyond regular oral hygiene practices, including brushing, flossing, and routine dental check-ups. They are stain-resistant and do not require any special cleaning.